School has started for almost two weeks
already, and topics that taught in class have started to get more into the main
theme of the course. For the first week, the topics are mostly introductions
into computing logics, such as what sets are, if a statement is correct or
incorrect in a given circumstance, and Venn diagram. For the second week, more
symbols and signs are introduced to represent certain logics, which is fairly
simple for me, as I have taken MAT137, which is more like a proof course, and
sings and symbols use in it are rather similar.
The main problem I had was with the Venn
diagram, which I was not very familiar with. When the professor first introduce
it on class, I thought it won’t be useful, since it can be easily represent by
writing all the statements and facts out. However, when I was working on the tutorial
exercise #1 which was asking us to create certain Venn diagram to represent
different statements, I found that it is not that simple. I do know that the square
box represents everything in that case, the two circles represents two
different sets, and the intersection between them are the common value(s) that
they have, but I was not sure what are the sets, as for different cases, we
have to assign to different sets. After going to the tutorial, I have a much
better understanding for Venn diagram, and be able to produce them in the short
quiz. Now when I do my other programming course (CSC148), I found Venn diagram
to be extremely useful, as in it can clear many things up, such as which data
are in common with others, which are not; it really helps with the thinking
before actually doing the coding part.
No comments:
Post a Comment